Library Management System is a software used to manages the catalog of a library. With this school library management system, the librarian can easily catalogue books and maintain records of issued, reissued and overdue books. This library management portal also captures date of issue and return. This helps to keep the records of whole transactions of the books available in the library.
There are many features which helps librarian to keep records of available books as well as issued books.
- Some features of Library Management System:
- Keep record of different categories like; Books, Journals, Newspapers, Magazines, etc.
- Classify the books subject wise.
- Keep record of complete information of a book like; Book name, Author name, Publisher’s name, Date/ Year of publication, Cost of the book, Book purchasing date/ Bill no.
- Easy way to make a check-in and check-out.
- Automatic fine calculation for late returns.
- Different criteria for searching a book.
- Different kind of reports like; total no. of books, no. of issued books, no. of journals, etc.
- Easy way to know how many books are issued to a particular student.
- Easy way to know the status of a book.
- Event calendar for librarian to remember their dates.
- My Notes section for librarian to write any note.
- Member management
- Book management
- Transaction History
- User Registration
- More economical and safer means of storing and keeping track of information
- Easy maintenance
- No loss of data
- Controls and centralizes the whole distribution process reducing loss of books, over ordering and replacement costs thus saving money and time
- Reduces human stress thereby indirectly improving human recourses.